Cowley College has nearly 600 courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents which coincide with the many pathways and programs of study that lead towards a degree, vocational certificate, or industry recognized credential or skill. Cowley advisors will help you design a program to meet your educational and career goals.
Refer to the Cowley College “Programs of Study ” to determine the course requirements and recommended elective courses for each degree or certificate for each specified pathway. Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should visit with their advisor for information on courses that are offered on a rotational basis. Some courses list a scheduling note in the description.
Following are descriptions of approved courses which can be offered by Cowley College. Courses are grouped under academic disciplines identified with a 3-letter prefix and are alphabetized.
Descriptions are listed by prefix and include the course number, course title, credit hours, elective type, course description, prerequisites/corequisites, and a link to the approved course outcomes/procedures document. If applicable, also identified is the Kansas Regents Shared Number (KRSN) or Special Funding Identifier.
Cowley College Course Procedures/Outcomes
Each course has a link to the Course Outcomes/Procedures document that details:
- Student Level
- Controlling Purpose
- Learner Outcomes
- Units Outcomes
- Projects Required
- Material/Equipment Required
- Grading Policy
- Course Time Frame
- Attendance Policy & Applicable Policies
- Disabilty Service Program contact information
Kansas Regents Shared Number (KRSN)
Courses that currently have a Kansas Regents Shared Number (Common Course Numbers designated by the Kansas System Wide Transfer Course Matrix) are indicated by their associated KRSN number. The learning outcomes and competencies in these courses meet or exceed the learning outcomes and competencies specified by the Kansas Core Outcomes Groups project for these courses as approved by the Kansas Board of Regents.
The Kansas Board of Regents has approved and faculty representatives from Kansas public postsecondary institutions have agreed upon the learning outcomes for the systemwide transfer of specified courses. A student who completes any of these courses at a Kansas public university, community college, or technical college will be able to transfer the course to any Kansas public institution offering an equivalent course.
For a full listing of approved courses and their corresponding transfer course visit the Kansas Regents website that links to the Transfer Equivalency Gateway.
Special Funding Identifier(s)
- KS Excel in CTE Initiative - Identifies a course that qualifies for the State of Kansas Excel in CTE Initiative that provides free tuition to qualifying High School students in qualifying technical programs and courses.
- AcceleRATE - Identifies a course that a special tuition rate applies to Kansas high school students (Fall 2020 Kansas rate is $60/credit hour and may be subject to change through action of the Cowley Board of Trustees). Oklahoma High School students can qualify for a special Oklahoma AcceleRATE of $80.00 per credit hour. (Subject to change through action of the Cowley Board of Trustees.)