Sep 17, 2021
KANSAS PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBLE PROGRAM
The Biomedical Engineering articulated pathway with Wichita State University allows students the opportunity to complete two years of specified coursework with Cowley College and transfer seamlessly into the Bachelor of Science Degree program in Biomedical Engineering.
This pathway lists courses specifically articulated for transfer to Wichita State University through a 2+2 Agreement.
General Education Requirements (49 hours)
Computer Literacy (3 hours)*
Complete 3 credits of either CAP1516 or CIS1715 to fulfill this requirement. (Computer Literacy is required for Cowley Associate of Science degree but is not included on the WSU Articulated requirement.)
Humanities (6 hours)
Complete courses from 2 Different Departments (ART, FOL, HIS, HUM, LIT, MIN, MUS, PHO, REL, THE) - Studio and Performance courses cannot be included.
One elective must be an Art, Music, or Theatre Appreciation class for transfer to Wichita State University and one class requires further studies in Humanities that does not include Philosophy or Fine Arts. Verify course transferability in the WSU Transfer Guide.
For a list of course options click this link Humanities Elective(s)
- Fine Arts Humanities Elective - 3 hour(s) ________________________________
- Humanities Elective - 3 hour(s) _______________________________________
Social Sciences (6 hours)
Complete courses from 2 Different Departments ANT, ECO, GEG, POL, PSY, SOC
Verify course transferability per the WSU transfer guide for Social/Behavioral Science courses to fulfill the requirement.
For a list of course options click this link Social Science Elective(s) .
- Social Science Elective - 3 hour(s) ____________________________________
- Social Science Elective - 3 hours(s) ___________________________________
Science and Math (20 hours)
Transfer Pathway Electives (18 hours)*
Complete the following electives for this articulated pathway.
PSY6720 - First Year Experience (FYE) is also highly recommended as an elective for students enrolled in this pathway.
Total Hours 65 - 68*
Depending on skill level and assessment scores, students may be required to take the necessary basic skill or prerequisite courses prior to enrolling in courses within this program.
* Although only 62 hours are required to complete an Associate of Science Degree at Cowley, additional credits are outlined as needed in the articulation with Wichita State University. A total of 65 credit hours are required to complete the articulated coursework at Cowley College, but in addition, a computer literacy of 3 credits is required at Cowley to obtain the Associate of Science Degree. 64 credit hours will transfer to WSU towards the B.S. degree in Biomedical Engineering.